I guess this dish might terrify you.
"What have you done?"
Well, if you are a fan of Chinese food, you probably heard of the dish and are willing to give yourself a chance to try this wonderful cuisine. It's just easy and delicious.
Nutrition is another reason that pig's feet are good sources of collagen for our body, and it's a complex protein maintaining strength and flexibility of skin. Sound's great, right?!
So, be brave. Let's cook it!
- Pigs feet (hand)----1 Box (you can find it at your local gorcery stores)
- Ginger, finely shirred----1 big chunk
- Garlic, pill skin off----10 glove
- Star anise----5
- Green onion----3 stalks
- Brown sugar ----2 oz (if you can find the Chinese block/rock sugar, it is even better)
- Chinese cooking wine ----1 tsp
- Dark soy sauce ---- 1 tbsp
- Light soy sauce ----1.5 tbsp
- Oyster sauce ----1.5 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- 5 spices powder----1Ts
1. Pre-cook the pigs feet
2. Large pot, fill it with all the ingredients.
3. Add water to cover the pig feet,close lid, bring to boil.
4. Then, bring to lower heat,let it simmer for 1.5 hour.
Tip: we want to cook the pig feet until they are tender.